Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New System Build

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 peteyg67

peteyg67

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:59 AM

Hello guys :huh: I need a little help so i thought id get it from the professionals.

Im currently in the procedure of buying new components for a new computer.

So heres my componets so far, i after ordered any as i wanted to ensure there all correct for the mobo and what not.

Motherboard:XFX S775 nForce 680i LT SLI DDR2 ATX 66 $115
CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00GHz 6M Cache S775 1333MHZ 113 $198
RAM:Corsair Memory 2GB DDR2 667MHZ 240PIN UNBUFFERED CL5 25 $42
GPU:XFX GeForce 9600GT 512MB DDR3 PCIE Dual DVI 750/2GHz 94 164
HDD: * Samsung 250GB Storm 7200RPM S300 16MB 30 $53
CASE: BLACK WIZARD CASE 600W +25CM LED FAN SIDE PANEL 42 $74
HEATSINK: Akasa INTEL LGA775 3U HEATPIPE CU BASE LO-NOISE PWM FAN 13 $23

So thats it, basically i want this computer to play most games out there.. im dont want a highend gaming pc just something that will
play most games, run design programs flawlessly. Later on in a few months i plan on adding another 9600gt in SLI. Im not sure if there
case PSU is powerfull enough?

Also it would be great if you could tell me if some of these prices are dear and if you could link me to somewhere cheap, but it has to ship to the united kingdom. ohh and if i have all what i need :thumbsup:

thanks guys much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:31 PM

The wattage on the PSU should be fine. Only thing is most case/PSU combos the psu with them suck. I would think about getting a real PSU and sticking the one that comes with it in the closet for a "get me by" replacement, or something to test with when something goes wrong on down the road.

the choices seem pretty solid. I don't think you'd have trouble running any modern games at good settings/resolution with that setup. Don't think design progs will be a problem either

Edited by smurfgod, 11 September 2008 - 08:33 PM.

#3 peteyg67

peteyg67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2008 - 01:43 PM

Hey and thanks for the reply, i had a feeling that it would suck and espically with the psu and what it does.. i dont want to go blowing any of the other parts :thumbsup:

So what is the lowest wattage or safest wattage i should say to setup and sli config?

Its just the parts where i live are around 15% dearer than in the USA. Anywhere i look in the USA dont ship to Uk :S

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users