Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Www.internetsearchservice.com Replace Google Search In Task Bar!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 graniax

graniax

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:33 AM

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am rather a newbie in all this Virus/Malware/Spyware etc. processing, but I noticed something unusual in the last few (2-3) days:

I used Firefox and I had the google search bar up right hand side in front of the url adress bar, i.e. where it usually is on Firefox. Since 2-3 days it is not anymore the google search engine up there in the right corner but a so called internetsearchservice.com engine, that never brings any search result, whatever you type in the field. You just get a message that the page could not be found etc. I suspect I got this through clicking and internet surfing.

After a quick search on google/sony, internetsearchservice.com appears to be a malware or something at least not normal redirecting the search, but I haven't seen forum entries from people having my problem, and I do not know how to delete it or restore the original Firefox settings.

I also do not know in how far it is dangerous for online banking - which I did not do in between and will not do, but which I would need to do.

So I would like to know if this sound familiar to someone who could help me and tell me what to do before I start posting logs like weird.

I would be very grateful for any help,

Thank you very much in advance,

Graniax

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 graniax

graniax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:03 AM

Dear Sir / madam,

I forgot to say that I am using Vista Home Premium on a Sony vaio laptop.

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:29 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-removal/antispycheck

Let's start with malwarebyte's and wait on smitfraudfix and hijackthis
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users