Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen Of Death: Driver Issue Or The Like

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Poopmonkey

Poopmonkey

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:49 PM

Hello everyone. I recently put together a new system of mine and decided to test out the video card to make sure all the drivers and such were working. So i installed a game and began playing. After a few minutes into it, the computer flashed the infamous blue screen of death with an error message and rebooted. Since I couldn't read the message the was displayed, I turned off auto-reboot and tried the game again. After playing through the game for a few moments the computer displayed the error screen again. It read as follows:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

yatta yatta yatta

Technical Information:

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBF84A7A7, 0xB3FFEBC4, 0x00000000)

win32k.sys - Address BF84A7A7 base at BF800000, DateStamp 48025f2a

There was also another error I had earlier dealing with my nVidia drivers regarding my nv4_disp.dll. Also, this doesn't always happen. Sometimes the game will just freeze up and I'll have to end-task it. I can still boot up my computer and if need be will post any error logs needed. All my drivers are to my knowledge up to date and the error has been happening ever since the build while experimenting with games of any kind. Any idea what's going on?

Computer Specs:

Windows XP Pro SP3
Asus PSQ SE/R MoBo
Intel Core 2 Quad 3.66 mhz Processor
nVidia GeForce 9600GT Video Card
2x1g Gskill Memory
Raidmax Smilodon case
Radmax 500w PSU

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Poopmonkey

Poopmonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:55 AM

bump?

#3 leszer

leszer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 25 September 2008 - 04:37 PM

Bump!! I'm having the same issue, been having it for about a month and can't find anything on it.

Specs:
Currently using Win XP 64-bit (was previously using Vista Ultimate 64 with the same issue)
Gigabyte ga-p35-ds3l
Q6600
Nvidia 7950 gt 256mb
4x Corsair Dominator PC8500 5-5-5-15

Any help, lemme know. I've been getting random blue screens almost always JUST IN GAMES. Looking for any clues.

#4 fullmonty

fullmonty

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:56 AM

I have had this before. I went to microsofts techincal web site and under search i put "Error Codes". Don't hold me to this but I think there eas a downloadable fix> Hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users