Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help me please :(

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jayjay

jayjay

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 25 April 2005 - 09:54 AM

I've been having a problem with my computer just for the past 2 weeks. I've tried fixing the security settings like I've been told but that just isn't working ... this is my problem; when i click on a secure site my computer says i performed an illegal operation then shows a DNS error. i cant even check my google mail..if u can help me out it would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LoLucky

LoLucky

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 25 April 2005 - 11:29 AM

Hi jayjay,
are you useing IE? if so try these few sugestions.
1. Click Tools -> Internet Options
2. on General Tab Click Delete Cookies and Delete Files
3. on Content Tab Click Clear SSL State
4. Click Apply and OK then close IE reopen IE and try your Gmail.

Let us know!

Edit: if this doesn't work Please respond back with the "DNS Error" Details

Edited by LoLucky, 25 April 2005 - 11:31 AM.

#3 PC WizKid

PC WizKid

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:14 AM

Also do a anti-virus scan to make sure there are not any viruses on your system?
I love Windows Vista Ultimate

Windows 7 RC no more :cry:

#4 jayjay

jayjay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:49 AM

Hi jayjay,
are you useing IE? if so try these few sugestions.
1. Click Tools -> Internet Options
2. on General Tab Click Delete Cookies and Delete Files
3. on Content Tab Click Clear SSL State
4. Click Apply and OK then close IE reopen IE and try your Gmail.

Let us know!

Edit: if this doesn't work Please respond back with the "DNS Error" Details

thank you for the advice LoLucky..i did what u said but it is still doing the same thing :thumbsup: i attached screen shots of the 2 errors..the one on top is the one that pops up first then it goes 2 the bottom one. i really appreciate the advice though. thank u :flowers:

Attached Files

#5 jayjay

jayjay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:50 AM

Also do a anti-virus scan to make sure there are not any viruses on your system?

I did that just a few days ago. I had six of them :thumbsup:

#6 jayjay

jayjay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2005 - 04:36 AM

Can someone suggest a website that could possibly help me? :thumbsup:

#7 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 30 April 2005 - 05:24 AM

Yes - this one.
There are many talented and experienced people her who can help with your problem but they are all volunteers and it may take some time to get a response.
While you are waiting may I suggest you do some basic security checks:

Is your Anti-virus program current and updated? If not you can download a free anti-virus program here (US Link): AVG Free
When you have downloaded and installed it you need to go online to register it and update it. (It will probably prompt you to do this.)
Once you have installed AVG uninstall your old Anti-Virus software.

Do you have any anti-spyware installed? If not download and update all of the following:Reboot your computer in Safe Mode and run the anti-virus scan and anti-spyware scans there.
If you are not sure how to boot in Safe Mode there is a tutorial here: Safe Mode

Also try repairing Internet Explorer, there is a tutorial to fix IE here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How...ress-tut71.html

See if that helps :thumbsup:

Edited by Rimmer, 30 April 2005 - 05:27 AM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#8 Deodar

Deodar

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2005 - 07:12 AM

Hi Jayjay, have been following this discussion with interest since you posted &now
hope to clarify rather than confuse.Discussed with my Windows Guru who said "Q;
Illegal Operations are the most common error messages of all&usually specific to
a particular application;isn't it"..&.."Ah for this very reason they are easiest to resolve.In vast majority of cases,simply uninstalling&then reinstalling the program
running when eror occurs will fix problem hopefully." In my experience Internet
Explorer is the usual culprit&&often causes errors in "MODULE 32",especially if
conflicted by a virus or spyware.,as pointed out above .Have you ever considered
changing browsers??Opera&Firefox are both more secure than Explorer & avoid
virus(Firefox)&spyware problems.I never hear any complaints about either&
dealing with computer complaints is my lot in life...such as it is.90 percent of
problems are in XP&with Explorer.!Personally I haven't experienced a single
"Windows Event" since switching to OPERA-(never seen a error msg or blue screen)
& I no longer use(uninstalled) Outlook Express=no viruses.FOOD FOR YOUR THINKS PERHAPS?

#9 Crusty

Crusty

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2005 - 12:26 PM

Have you update IE from the original version that came with the OS?

If so go to add remove, highlight IE and click remove, then a box will popup which ask you do you wish to add, repair, or restore prior version of IE. Check repair and click OK.
Your computer will churn awhile then reboot and you'll need to restore your homepage and any internet settings you've changed as the process sets IE back to it's first installed condition.

#10 jayjay

jayjay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2005 - 04:16 PM

Yes - this one.
There are many talented and experienced people her who can help with your problem but they are all volunteers and it may take some time to get a response.
While you are waiting may I suggest you do some basic security checks:

Is your Anti-virus program current and updated? If not you can download a free anti-virus program here (US Link): AVG Free
When you have downloaded and installed it you need to go online to register it and update it. (It will probably prompt you to do this.)
Once you have installed AVG uninstall your old Anti-Virus software.

Do you have any anti-spyware installed? If not download and update all of the following:

Reboot your computer in Safe Mode and run the anti-virus scan and anti-spyware scans there.
If you are not sure how to boot in Safe Mode there is a tutorial here: Safe Mode

Also try repairing Internet Explorer, there is a tutorial to fix IE here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How...ress-tut71.html

See if that helps :thumbsup:

thanx so much for the advice :flowers: it helped...at first then i started getting a diff error. but it is working better than be4 :trumpet: thanx again :inlove:

#11 jayjay

jayjay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2005 - 04:20 PM

Hi Jayjay, have been following this discussion with interest since you posted &now
hope to clarify rather than confuse.Discussed with my Windows Guru who said "Q;
Illegal Operations are the most common error messages of all&usually specific to
a particular application;isn't it"..&.."Ah for this very reason they are easiest to resolve.In vast majority of cases,simply uninstalling&then reinstalling the program
running when eror occurs will fix problem hopefully." In my experience Internet
Explorer is the usual culprit&&often causes errors in "MODULE 32",especially if
conflicted by a virus or spyware.,as pointed out above .Have you ever considered
changing browsers??Opera&Firefox are both more secure than Explorer & avoid
virus(Firefox)&spyware problems.I never hear any complaints about either&
dealing with computer complaints is my lot in life...such as it is.90 percent of
problems are in XP&with Explorer.!Personally I haven't experienced a single
"Windows Event" since switching to OPERA-(never seen a error msg or blue screen)
& I no longer use(uninstalled) Outlook Express=no viruses.FOOD FOR YOUR THINKS PERHAPS?

so after i read ur reply i downloaded opera browser...omg i flipping love u :flowers: so far so good. i havnt got 1 error since :thumbsup: thank u thank u thank u :trumpet: :cool: :inlove:

Edited by jayjay, 01 May 2005 - 04:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users