Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Have Antivirus 2008 Among Other Things Probably

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 senejennifer

senejennifer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:52 PM

:thumbsup: Hi, I just bought this overpriced laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium, and my fiance decided to accidentally download Antivirus 2008. It seems to be attached to several different things, including "unsupported files" which Norton said it could not remove anything from. It has also infected Windows Defender I think - it had the red shield on forever, now gone but parts still remain with popups saying I need to download antivirus things. I need to know what I need to do to fix this. I've run Norton Internet Security 2008 since just after the virus got installed (!!!!) so I'm having problems. I've done the Deep Scan like 10 times. I never got a straight answer on whether I should delete/uninstall/disable (whatever the differences are) Windows Defender and I have the option of installing Charter communications high speed security suite but again don't know what I should do with Windows defender and can't get in contact with Windows to find out. But first I gotta get rid of this virus!!! What do you think I should do first?
Any help would be very appreciated!!
Thank you for your time,
Jennifer Brambilla

Edited by senejennifer, 10 September 2008 - 08:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:59 AM

Hi Jennifer, check out this link as it has all the instructions on how to remove this virus http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-re.../antivirus-2008
MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users