Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MRU Blaster

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Miriam

Miriam

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 25 April 2005 - 09:30 AM

I just installed this & know nothing about it- other than it was suggested that it would help with unwanted cookies & MRU''s.

So far I don't think it has helped, but could be I just don't know how to use it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 25 April 2005 - 02:25 PM

Begin by reading the HELP file, if it has one. There is a forum where you can get additional information:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Perhaps others here may be using it and can give you more information.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 nanakat

nanakat

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 01 May 2005 - 08:55 AM

Hi Miriam :thumbsup:
I use it to clear all my MRU (Most Recently Used) lists...When you open the program click on Settings & it will show you all the program lists & items it clears. If there are any that you don't want cleared uncheck that box.
Click on Scan & when it's done (it only takes a couple of seconds) then click on Show Results & it will list everything it will clear out. Then click on Clean Now & it clears them. It doesn't clean any cookies, only your MRU lists. I hope this helps.

MRU Blaster FAQ's:

What is an MRU List?
MRU stands for "most recently used", however we use it to apply to any list or item that stores data such as the names and/or locations of files you have previously saved, opened, etc.

Why should I delete them?
These lists can (and almost always) contain names and locations of files you have previously saved and/or opened with certain programs. By clearing your system, MRU-Blaster deletes these lists (it should be noted that this does not delete the actual files those MRU lists point to).
Posted Image

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users