Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard Drive Failed Need To Recover Pictures

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 imabitdizzy

imabitdizzy

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:21 PM

Well, my husband installed an addition 100 GB hard drive. It was working just fine, but when I rebooted after windows update, It WOULD NOT boot. It would go to the dell screen, then go blank and say "Strike F1 to retry or F2 to go to boot menu". Finally I had to disconnect the new drive, then change the jumpers on the original drive to master (no slave). FINALLY I got it to boot using the original XP disk I have. I lost everything though. I managed to somehow recover all the old pictures and media I had lost last time it crashed. LOL. Anyway, I need to know how I can go about recovering the pictures and music from the other hard drive.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:12 PM

Recovery software, if I understand you.

Data recovery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_recovery

Data Recovery Software - Hard Drive Recovery - RAID Data Recovery - http://www.runtime.org/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users