Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Uninstalling An Application

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HCRDAN

HCRDAN

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:31 PM

What would cause me to be unable to uninstall an application, in this case Firefox? (see reason why I'm trying to uninstall here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic168405.html)

It is listed in my Add/remove program list, and when I select it and press the "remove" option, the screen flashes but nothing else happens, in other word it does not start the uninstall process.

The only way to uninstall is to start the computer in Safe Mode, and then the uninstall appears to work normally.

I downloaded a third party uninstaller and that also did not work.

Thank you for any insight.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:06 PM

Uninstalling in safe mode is a routine way of dealing with such.

As to the reason...I could only guess and that would probably be inaccurate :thumbsup:.

I only know that it happens.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users