Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help With Build Badly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 50mobber

50mobber

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:56 PM

OK so i recently built a computer. everything works fine, notice that the cpu temps were high so i decided to buy a a zalman for it. Some how i put it on wrong causing the mother board and CPU to fry according to a fry technician. So i bought a new CPU(E8400) and Mobo (ASUS P5Q Pro). After i put it together i started it and the fans spin very fast, faster than normal and i get no video signal. the only thing i did different this time was put Arctic silver 5. No idea what is going on.

Here is the rest of my build

mobo: ASUS P5Q Pro

Video: Sapphire Radeon HD 4870

Cpu: E8400

Ram: G.SKILL 4GB

HD: 2x western digital 160 gb (Running RAID)

HD: 2x western digital 500gb (running Raid)

Edited by 50mobber, 10 September 2008 - 03:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 12 September 2008 - 01:18 PM

You could try reseating any memory or your video card.

Just to be sure, you could remove the Mobo from the case and lay it on a wooden table or piece of cardboard. Set everything out so you can be certain you have nothing shorting out.

If that works, then put everything back and see if it still works. If it doesn't, look for a short between the case and the Mobo.

Good luck.

DR

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:31 PM

Also, check all your connections, especially the 4 or 8 pin cpu power connection.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,405 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:19 PM

No PSU specs?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users