Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Printer Is Slow

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mastermindc3

mastermindc3

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:51 PM

Hey guys i have another problem so i ask you for ur help again, since u guys have never failed me yet. When i go to print any documents the program i am tyring to print the document from stops responding and the printer options dont come up for like another 5 mins later. Then when i can finally select the print option, it takes 15 minutes for it to print out. Anybody know what is going on?? It never used to do this till like 4 days ago.

Thanks
-John-

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:20 PM

Possible file corruption...tried the uninstall/reinstall routine yet?

Louis

#3 mastermindc3

mastermindc3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:30 PM

No, I Dont have the printer reinstalation disks, i cant find them, but the printer is still the hp printer updates with no problem. If it was corrupted wouldnt it stop taking the updates.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,550 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:04 PM

Not necessarily, IMO.

"Corrupted" is just an atypical way of saying "damaged".

We all continuously suffer "damage" to our bodies...but it doesn't necessarily impair us until we want to do something that places particular stress on the damaged area.

I think of computers/programs in the same way. But a computer cannot grow its own cells or replace the damaged area or even try to heal it. That's why we try to replace files which we suspect of being "damaged".

Louis

#5 mdoggy39

mdoggy39

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:14 PM

definatley uninstall the printer and reinstall. Check hp's website for the drivers, they probably have them.

#6 mastermindc3

mastermindc3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:08 PM

I Went to hp''s website and i typed in the printer i have, and alot of options came up. I dont know what to select can one of you help me out?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...498&lang=en

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users