Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Full Of Virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 haken_zell

haken_zell

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:04 PM

my friend has a pc that has full of virus, i cant install ad aware of spybot because win32 application is broken..she has no anti virus too..
when you open the pc this message always appear, "BIOS ROM CHECK SUM ERROR..INSERT SYSTEM DISK THEN PRESS ENTER"..but sometimes i can manage to open windows by keeps on restarting..do i have to reformat or there is something i can still do to fix it?

thanks.. =)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:19 PM

Unless there is critical Information on the HDD? Best Option is reformat and reinstall. If the Data is Critical there is another way, but time Consuming?

If you decide to reformat and reinstall, I suggest you Drain the CSMOS in case of Upper Memory Viruses.

Post back! I am Happy to Help either way.

You could try to Download AVG Free 8 on another Computer, then Burn it onto a CD and try to install it if you can get back into Windows? It May? Pick up enough of the Viruses to enable you to access the Net to update it?

http://free.avg.com/ww.download-avg-anti-virus-free-edition

That is what I meant about the Time Factor?

Another way is to use a Spare HDD to set up a New Install, then download Anti Viruses, and Anti Malware programs, then set the Original HDD up as a Slave to scan it from the other HDD you used. That May Help save the Data on the Original HDD. The Data can be accessed either by copying onto your replacement HDD or burnt onto Disks. If you can't reclaim the HDD, you can Reformat it to wipe out the Viruses, then set it up as a Main HDD and reinstall. But always remember that some Viruses sit in Upper Memory? Draining the CSMOS gets rid of them Blokes. You will need to reset the Time in the BIOS after doing that.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Abacus 7, 10 September 2008 - 03:54 PM.

#3 haken_zell

haken_zell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:19 AM

thank you for helping Abacus.. =)

i still cant install the free avg anti virus, it says that win32 is broken or something..just in case i reformat the HDD, does the error about the "BIOS ROM CHECK" would not be a factor?!

thank you.. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users