Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Delete A Certain Limewire Movieclip Filename In Vista Search

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 debull

debull

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:37 AM

Hello, i'm new to this forum. i cannot delete a limewire movie clip filname in (Search) i went to limewirelibrary tab and did not see the filename so i
deleted limewire from my pc. thinking that it would remove the movie clip filename the movie is not there anymore-but the filename is still present in
Vista Search. i have done avirus,malware,spam check and did not find any virus. i simply want to delete a limewire movie clipfilename i'd appreciate
any suggestions. thanks.

Edited by debull, 10 September 2008 - 01:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:09 PM

Hi debull,

If you can locate the file with Vista search then you should be able to right click and delete it from there. If not then right click and select properties and get the filepath which will tell you which folder the clip is in (it's likely to be in your default download folder rather than in Limewire's actual folder)

If you're still having problems then repost, telling me what you've tried.
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#3 debull

debull
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:42 PM

hello again when i double click on the filenane in vista search-iright click on it to delete it iget the folloeing message
This fileisno longer located in c:\jack\Documents\limewire\Saved. Try again. when i go to Saved folders it's empty.i even tried to rename the filename and it would revert back to that that filename.fil hockey filename is still in vista search thanks for any guidance.

#4 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:32 AM

OK, sounds like shenanigans are afoot.

Try this:

Reboot into Safe Mode.
This can be done tapping the F8 key as soon as you start your computer
You will be brought to a menu where you can choose to boot into safe mode.
Make sure you choose the option without networking support.
Please see here for additional details.

Use Windows Explorer to find and delete this folder:

c:\jack\Documents\limewire

As an example:
To delete C:\WINDOWS\badfile.dll
Double click the My Computer icon on your Desktop. Or click on the Windows KEY + E.
Double click on Local Disc (C:\)
Double click on the Windows folder,
Right click on badfile.dll and then from the menu that appears, click on Delete

Then reboot into normal mode

That should remove it.

If not there may be a little more than a stubborn file at work and you should probably try the "Am I Infected" forum.

Post back first to tell me what happens though.
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#5 debull

debull
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:51 PM

the filename that did'nt want to be deleted or leave has left hopefully for good. I simply increase my virus checker to High instead of medium then run a virus check again then it found a virus.it was named Fake virus? hope this is were the undeletetable filename was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users