Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Internet Will Have A Mind Of His Own?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Net_Surfer

Net_Surfer

• Banned
  • 2,154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:29 PM

Do you Know Computers?????? :)
(Needed to share this with the rest of the BleepingComputer Members, So they can reply with their own ideas)
:trumpet: In the mid 70s, an aspiring theoretical physicist made what he and many others feel is "the most important discovery in the world". This very significant film is about the resulting invention: (Computer Creativity Machine) "Simulates the Human Brain", one that can author all subsequent ideas, provide a totally unanticipated cosmology, and possibly deliver us from death. :)
In Its Image :P

:) I know, I had to sit on what I just saw for a few minutes before I posted it. I think its a good idea. But, some people will said, it could be extremely bad for humanity if the wrong person gets a hold of it. The only thing that kinda bothered me was how when you die, you could live on in cyberspace. What if you get caught in a glitch?? lol
:flowers:

:inlove: Well, from what I concluded, he was saying that he created a computer with a brain. It has two boxes that run it, One box absorbs information and creates connections between the information, finds patterns and so on. The other side: Looks for inconsistencies, incorrect logic, wrong math, etc. in short, he mimicked the function of a human brain. -

Right: "Creative",<--> Left: "Logic". :cool:

People who believe that this is like your average computer program with binary, this or that, reasoning. This is no different than how our brains already operate. Afterall, We are a binary reasoning organic computer already!!!
This is an upgrade! And one HELL of an upgrade it is!!!

Psss.... look at the US patent number at 12:11 into the video....US 5.656.666.....!? :thumbsup:

666!Hummmm

What Stephen Thaler has created is essentially "Thomas Edison in a box", said Rusty Miller, a government contractor at General Dynamics and one of Thaler's chief cheerleaders.

Edit: Moved topic from General Chat to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sharonsthere

Sharonsthere

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:22 AM

this frightened me.

it just makes me glad I bought all that freeze dried food in 1999.
intelligence has far fewer practical applications than I thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users