Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Replaceing Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 txhillbilly77471

txhillbilly77471

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:22 PM

Help I am stuck please hurry!!! I am replacing a hard drive in this compaq and I removed two screws from the open side of the hard drive. However, there are two more screws located on the side that will not open. How do I remove those screws so I may remove the hard drive.. Please help me..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:58 AM

If they are in fact screws, and not a clip of some sort You will have to take the other side of the case off. Don't have time to look at your manual, but if the other side panel is attached to the top cover you can usually just slip it out from under the overlap from the front panel, after unscrewing/unclipping of course. If not you will have to take at least part of the front bezel off, there will be clips somewhere.

It SHOULD tell you how to do it in your manual. Google "Compaq Presario SR1517CL"

#3 txhillbilly77471

txhillbilly77471
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:56 AM

Well thanks for your help. I tried everything. I cannot get the other side off. It is secure with rivits and the mobo is attach to the side. I remove the front bezel and was able to get one more screw out, but there is still one more holding it in place. I ended up just leaving it there and adding the new hard drive in the next bay above it. I just disconnected all power leads to the old HHD. Thanks for your response though.

#4 OrionsMaster

OrionsMaster

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

Once the side panel and front bezel have been removed... you will see a green button with 3 lines on the inside of the machine directly where the top cd/dvd drive should be. Push that button and pull out the drive.

Cheers :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users