Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 Problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny Boy

Johnny Boy

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:42 PM

okay so all of a sudden my mouse(wireless optical mouse 2.0) decides it wants to just like...randomly freeze after it sits in the same spot for more than about 5 seconds..and you have to like smack the mouse against the desk to fix it...Now i reall dont want to get a new mouse but even if I did, i have a mouse keyboard combo (Comfort Keyboard 1.0A) So would a replacement Optical 2.0 Even work with the hub?(Wireless optical desktop reciever 3.0)...But the problem with the mouse is intermittent(idk if i spelled that correctly), so Idk..anyway will microsoft RMA it? its like 2 years old but they still make my exact combo

Edited by Johnny Boy, 09 September 2008 - 07:43 PM.

Posted Image
Staples Easytech Associate
Staples Certified Onsite PC Technician
Computer Science Major, Stonybrook University

Society leans heavily on computers. If you have the power to take out computers, you have the power to take out society.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:26 PM

will microsoft RMA it? its like 2 years old

I highly doubt it. Did you change batteries? I don't think I'd use a hub for either the mouse or keyboard
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:37 AM

Try changing the channel of the signal between the mouse and hub if the options available, i have a switch on the side of my receiver and under the batteries on my mouse. You may have other equipment thats interfering with the signal.
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#4 Johnny Boy

Johnny Boy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:50 PM

Theres no signal channel switch, and NOthing new has been added and i noticed it only does it now when the airconditoner is on and the room is cold?...And I have to use the hub? Thats the only way the wireless signal gets into my computer?
Posted Image

Society leans heavily on computers. If you have the power to take out computers, you have the power to take out society.

#5 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:30 AM

...i noticed it only does it now when the airconditoner is on and the room is cold?...

Hmmmmmm interesting.....

Cold temperatures will affect electronic equipment, how cold is it that you have the air con? try upping the temp a little bit until you find a level that is still cool but wont affect your mouse.

E-Mu
~ E-Mu ~

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#6 Johnny Boy

Johnny Boy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:06 PM

wait no...i figured it out...it may just be signal interference..my room was cold and it was fine for a while..until i put my sidekick up on my desk next to the HUB...!! There we go!!!....Sidekick 3+Microsoft Reciever 2.0= Death!!!, thanks alot!

Edited by Johnny Boy, 12 September 2008 - 03:06 PM.

Posted Image

#7 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:21 AM

Not a problem, at least its resolved.

E-Mu
~ E-Mu ~