Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Static Ip Network Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kyle m

kyle m

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:16 PM

i am using a linksys wrt54g router with the dd-wrt firmware. on this network i have a pc (wired), a laptop (wireless), and an xbox 360 (wired). i want to set static ips for all of my devices so i can forward my ports. anyone with expertise in this field willing to walk me through it? much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sreez

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:27 AM

Hi Mate,

First if you know the IP address of the router I guess it will be by default or else get it from command prompt C:IPconfig/all the default gateway is your router IP address and DNS address. And the

After that go to network connections of PC and Laptop. For PC, Right click on Local area connection--> properties--> From the list of connections select Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) ,Click properties---> In general Instead of "IP address automatic" Select the "Use the IP address selected" And put the IP address that you want between range - (assuming that your router is Subnet mask as and Gateway as your router IP address. Put the DNS address which you found from command prompt , Usually this will be your router address as well.

For the laptop right click wireless from the network connections.Follow the same steps described for PC.

I am not sure about the XBOX but I think there will be control panel for it as well , where you can do the above settings.

Good luck :thumbsup:

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users