It has no problem recognising already burned DVDs or CDs or blank CDs, only blank DVD-Rs.
My dvd drive is a Philips PBDV16LSB, recognised in windows as PBDV16LSP1 (this is normal!).
What i've done to rectify this problem is;
- Updated the firmware to the latest B2.0 revision
- Tried using several different makes of blank DVD+Rs, such as Sony, Verbatim and Emtec
- Switched the drive from IDE channel 1 slave to IDE channel 2 slave
- Checked the DMA, is set to Ultra DMA mode 2 (the optimal setting)
- Tried using different burning programs
None of this helped. The problem is definatly burn-application independent because when i put in a blank DVD+R and open my computer, already it's recognised as a blank cd. In my opinion this is some kind of xp software problem because i've tried unplugging the drive and installing it in my father's computer and there it works perfectly. We're both running XP Pro SP2.
(Edit: DVD+Rs, not DVD-Rs, sorry!)
Edited by stlolth, 09 September 2008 - 01:04 PM.