Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Computer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 not_anyone

not_anyone

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:45 AM

I have a desktop hp pavilion 325c that has windows xp home. Hp put out a program for sp3. Ok i have a laptop compaq presario 6741us, it has windows pro sp2 on it. Wondering about downloading sp3 because I have read that hp computer have had trouble with this program. And since compaq is now made by hp it didn't have a program for sp 3 download. checking to see what you guys think about downloading sp3 on my computers. You're help would greatly be appreciated.
thank you,
not_anyone

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:14 AM

What kind of processors do you have?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,560 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:55 AM

Worth reading: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...cname=c01457284

Louis

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:06 AM

Do you have a link to the program that HP put out?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 not_anyone

not_anyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:13 AM

On the laptop I have a intel®core™2duocpu-on desktop amd athlon™xp2400+. Louis I scamed that page bookmarked it and will go back and read when have more time. John I have the one for the desktop HP did not put one out for the compaq laptop.
Thank you
Not_anyone

will get back and read more if any more replies.

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:19 AM

Then you can easily apply SP3. You are not plagued with the AMD Issue at all, so go ahead and install SP3. However, make sure that everything is updated driver wise and patch wise.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,560 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:35 AM

Just a note...it is NOT an "AMD issue", it's an HP (and other boxmakers) issue, due to the way that they installed XP on systems for resale.

http://www.fiercecio.com/story/hp-working-...lems/2008-05-16

Louis

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:33 PM

Doh! Didn't read the link that hamluis posted :thumbsup:
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users