Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2 Files Infected Trojan.downloader Is It A Virus?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JoeEtta

JoeEtta

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:16 AM

I run on clamwin antivirus this my report: I don't know what to do. Is this a virus?

Scan Started Mon Sep 08 14:36:42 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C:\Documents and Settings\JoAnn Davis\My Documents\LimeWire\Saved\gone baby.mp3: Trojan.Downloader-38874 FOUND
C:\Documents and Settings\JoAnn Davis\My Documents\LimeWire\Saved\gone baby.mp3: moved/scheduled to 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\.clamwin\quarantine\infected.gone baby.mp3'
C:\Documents and Settings\JoAnn Davis\My Documents\LimeWire\Saved\wizard of oz mettallica.mp3: Trojan.Downloader-38874 FOUND
C:\Documents and Settings\JoAnn Davis\My Documents\LimeWire\Saved\wizard of oz mettallica.mp3: moved/scheduled to 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\.clamwin\quarantine\infected.wizard of oz mettallica.mp3'

----------- SCAN SUMMARY -----------
Known viruses: 413863
Engine version: 0.93.1
Scanned directories: 4180
Scanned files: 40023
Infected files: 2
Data scanned: 8117.77 MB
Time: 8868.937 sec (147 m 48 s)

Scan Started Mon Sep 08 17:11:29 2008
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\.clamwin\quarantine\infected.gone baby.mp3: Trojan.Downloader-38874 FOUND
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\.clamwin\quarantine\infected.gone baby.mp3 not moved/copied since already in quarantine
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\.clamwin\quarantine\infected.wizard of oz mettallica.mp3: Trojan.Downloader-38874 FOUND
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\.clamwin\quarantine\infected.wizard of oz mettallica.mp3 not moved/copied since already in quarantine

----------- SCAN SUMMARY -----------
Known viruses: 413863
Engine version: 0.93.1
Scanned directories: 4180
Scanned files: 42342
Infected files: 2
Not copied: 2
Data scanned: 8150.97 MB
Time: 7857.937 sec (130 m 57 s)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:39 AM

It appears they were infected files which the anti-virus moved/quarantined.

When an anti-virus quarantines a file by moving it into a virus vault (chest), that file is essentially disabled and prevented from causing any harm to your system. The quarantined file is safely held there and no longer a threat until you take action to delete it. One reason for doing this is to prevent deletion of a crucial file that may have been flagged as a "false positive". If that is the case, then you can restore the file and add it to the exclusion or ignore list. Doing this also allows you to view and investigate the files while keeping them from harming your computer. Quarantine is just an added safety measure. When the quarantined file is known to be bad, you can delete it at any time.

Keep in mind, however, that if these files are left in quarantine, other scanning programs and security tools may flag them while in the quarantined area.

The second scan results indicate the files were already moved to quarantine.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users