Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Floppy Disk (s) Failure (40) ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sumiq8

sumiq8

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:55 AM

My PC overheated a few nights ago because the fan died. Nothing was damaged though

as I turned off the electric as fast as I could. I took the tower to a repair shop and got a new fan installed. I reattached it.

Everything is perfect but I get the error message when my pc starts up. What does it mean?

It says press F1 to continue or Ctrl something to enter Recovery Genius.

Please help! xoxoxo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:12 AM

Try running System Restore.

Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore.

When this opens make sure that "Restore my computer to an earlier time" is chosen, and click on Next>.

The dates appearing in bold are the dates that you can restore to, click on the date that you want and then click Next> to start the System Restore. This may take a long time to complete, and when it is done it will restart your computer. When the computer restarts and you have logged on as the administrator a Restoration Complete page will appear, click on OK to complete the process

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:37 AM

Make sure that your floppy disk drive controller is enabled, and that the floppy disk cable is oriented the right way on the motherboard and on the drive. If it is, then try replacing the cable all together.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:47 AM

If you don't have a floppy drive installed on your computer, this error is most likely the computer telling you that it couldn't find a floppy drive. In that case you'll have to disable the floppy drive in the system's BIOS
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 sumiq8

sumiq8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:11 PM

HI,

Ok I did system restore already and it did not work.

And where is the cable for the drive?? I did not open the tower as I am completely computer illiterate. ALl I did was replug the cables in the back of it.

so what is BIOS and how do I get in there to fix this? I don't want to mess anything up.

Or should I just leave it alone? My PC is running normal. I just have to push F1 for the windows to load.

Please reply fast! xoxox

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,404 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:48 PM

References:

Booting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booting#BIOS_boot_devices

How to get into your computer's BIOS - http://www.cyberwalker.net/faqs/reinstall-...enter-BIOS.html

Howstuffworks How BIOS Works - http://computer.howstuffworks.com/bios.htm/printable

In the BIOS...there should be a setting that says something like "floppy drive seek" and there may be another for the drive itself. Definitely disable floppy seek and (if present) the other. After doing this, press F10 to save the changes...when you are ready to leave the BIOS and reboot the system.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users