Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Basic HTML for beginners

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 virusX

virusX

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:09 PM

BASIC HTML

As many people ask me the same question over and over again on how to make a home page.Actually, HTML language is the same idea of other language that It runs by the bunch of codes. But HTML language is the easier language to learn. Here, I try to provide as much as commands that I know , and I hope it may help you guys :thumbsup:

1. you can open any text editors, but I recommand you guys open the Notepad or Write pad to edit the command codes. If you are using Windows 95/98, NT please click on the "START" button down to your left bottom. And then click on "Programs ==> Accessories ==> Notepad or Write pad.

Here is the basic form of the HTML language

Header

Header is the location where you put tittle of your homepage, discription, keywords, author, and so on... It starts with command and finishes with command
Title: Title is start with <title> and ends with </tittle> for the title of your homepage!

More in header: In the header, you can also put the discription, keywords, author, and so on...
Example: Description <meta name="description" content="This helps people understand the basics of HTML">
Example: Keywords <meta name="keywords" content="Any word you put in here will come up in the search eingies">
Example: Author <meta name="Author" content="ViruS">

Body
Body In the body, you can set the default of background image, background color, font color, link, vlink, alink and more.

Background = That is the image backround for default
Bgcolor = That is the color default for the background
text = That is the color default of the font you want to have
Link = That is the color of the link that you did not click yet.
Vlink= That is the color of the link that you already clicked.
Alink= That is the color that when you click the link.
Example: <body background="http://www.vietfun.com/background1.gif" bgcolor="ffffff" text="8000FF" link="8000FF" vlink="0000FF" alink="66FF00">
Keys References For Text

<h2>Some Text</h2> you will see you will see the text smaller!
Bold <B> Some Text</B> you will see: Some Text IN BOLD
Italic <I>Some Text</I> you will see: Some Text IN ITALIC
Center <center>Some Text</center> you will see: The text in the center

Underline <U>Some Text</U> you will see: Some Text
Font Size <font size=+1>Some Text</font> ( You can increase the number, as big the number is, as big the text you will see.)
Font Color <font color="FF0000">Some Text</font> you will see: Some Text
Font Face <font face="Comic Sans MS">Some Text</font> you will see: Some Text (With the font face, you have to type exactly the font face name that avarible in your computer. If other people have that type of font, it will display the face of that font. If other people did not have that font face, it will display the default fonts of the browser)

Note: You can add more then 2 tags together.

Example: <B><I><font size=+2 face="Comic Sans MS">Some Text</font></I></B> you will see: [I]Some Text[/I]

OK so they are the basics. I will add some more but get them going and if you have any questions just pm me or ask in the forum !

Thanks,
Claudio

Edited by virus, 24 April 2005 - 10:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Phantasmagoria

Phantasmagoria

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 25 April 2005 - 05:37 PM

And for the font colors, they do accept text (for lack of better terminology - what I mean is it will accept the text "red" instead of #FF0000). If you want a more custom and unique color, there are programs that will assist you. 3C was a good and very simple program for this, but I am not sure if it is still available.

#3 virusX

virusX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2005 - 05:43 PM

Yes i know of that program. But like i said once you got thr hang... of it with the codes it dosnt matter. Its like driving the car manuelle or automatic once u can it dosnt matter

#4 Devilin

Devilin

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:19 PM

Sorry couldn't resist the ----------- :thumbsup: link

http://devilins-fan-club.com/How-to-make-a-web-page-1.htm

Now if you know of any free ftp site's I could finish this off :flowers:

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:41 PM

You can find some free FTP (File Transfer Protocol) sites, in our thread, here:
Freeware replacements for common commercial apps

Definition:
File Transfer Protocol
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 Devilin

Devilin

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2005 - 02:00 PM

Opssss my :thumbsup: mistake

I mean.any free web site/web-hosting service.------ that uses a ftp client to up-load independently created web pages

Was that a better explanation ?

#7 diego88

diego88

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2005 - 02:05 PM

Hello Devilin.

I believe Yahoo does (Geocities).

#8 Devilin

Devilin