Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How True Is This ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:00 AM

I found this at Nueber, and just thought I would run it by someone who may be knowledgeable on the subject.

Note: Any malware can be named anything - so you should check where the files of the running processes are located on your disk. If a "non-Microsoft" .exe file is located in the C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 folder, then there is a high risk for a virus, spyware, trojan or worm infection!

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,240 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:39 PM

The problem with that statement is that even guys who have been working on these for years will have a hard time recognizing a non MSN file. If you have good security software you should not have to worry much it should keep bad stuff off your machine.

On a different note! Read varying posts, a lot of good stuff up here. I have been fooling with computers since 1970 and know very little compared to many up here.

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:57 PM

Hello Old Phil,

I have had my share withmy 2 PC's, one was given to me, (CP, 5300US), and now I now why !

I guess it got a lot of use, and games and stuff, but I scrapped parts and got it up and running,
I still don't have an OS disk, but I do have an SP2 update and an SP1 Restore, I have been getting by.

I recently re-installed have Malware and anti virus, but nothing to really defend I have been having problems D/Ling ZA firwall, but I'll get there.

The thing is I found a SCVHOST EXE_File and went to search it, wound up at Prevx and they said that this is Bad news, I D/L Prevx it scanned and found nothing, Previous to that I had spybot search it, it found nothing ? so I guess it's OK, I don't know why the Prevx people were so darn sure, I thought I had finally had a handle on something !

But I'm up and running I have a bunch of post here mainly software, Reg. Keys and Driver situations.

Did find a failed scan today, in ISP, and I have a post in Networking.

Take it easy Phil, thanks for the comment.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users