Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bad Infection, Need Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SloppyJoseph

SloppyJoseph

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:06 AM

Hey guys what's goin on? I got a virus on my computer last night and I was talking to my IT guy at work today and he reccomended this site. So I hope ya'll can help. Here's the problem:

First off, I cannot get into any of my programs. My start bar does not show any of my programs or my program list. I cannot "Window, E" and bring up my computer. I can click on my computer icon and it only shows my disc drive. My desktop background will not show up. My time got changed to Military time and it reads "VIRUS ALRET" next to it. I get all of these fake anti-virus pop ups and what not. I cannot open my internet at all. My computer is pretty much screwed.

Now here is what i've done so far. I ran my AVG software last night and when I woke up this morning it had found 14 infected files. I removed them and rebooted my computer. It's still messed up. Nothing changed. I tryed to get to my Spybot to run spyware software but I still cant, so im not sure what to do next. I planned on booting up in safe mode when I got home and seeing what was up then. But as of right now, im going to have to reformat my entire computer. So any help is extremely appreciated! Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:00 AM

you might want to download the latest updates for AVG

http://free.avg.com/ww.download-update

and transfer to the infected computer and run a scan from safe mode

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/167577/desktop-disabled/

I am trying to help a poster with a similar problem in this thread
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users