Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 blackhawk505

blackhawk505

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:56 PM

Im using Outlook Express as my email.Im using Windows XP with all updates.When I went in and set up my email settings with my server,Im able to send email but not recieve it.I know Im getting email because I can log on with my other computer and send and recieve email.Any suggestions.Thanks.James W.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stasia

Stasia

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2005 - 05:09 PM

Open Outlook Go to "Tools" Open "Email Accounts" Click "Viw or change existing email accts" Click next Find the email acct listed click "Change" Verify the pop3 incoming is correct, it usually is mail.bellsouth.net or mail.aol.com If you do not know it go the support section of your IP provider and do a search on "POP Mail" :thumbsup:

#3 blackhawk505

blackhawk505
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:39 AM

Tried what you suggested,still wont let me recieve email,I even tried to use outlook same thing.I checked all my settings with my other computer and all yhe same.James.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2005 - 12:03 PM

Could this be a firewall setting?
What kind of error message does OE give?
It seems logical to assume there is SOME setting on one machine that differs from those on the other computer where OE works. If you have another Email acount (GMail, for example) does this happen then?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 blackhawk505

blackhawk505
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2005 - 03:17 PM

Im using Outlook Express as my email.Im using Windows XP with all updates.When I went in and set up my email settings with my server,Im able to send email but not recieve it.I know Im getting email because I can log on with my other computer and send and recieve email.Any suggestions.Thanks.James W.

I dont get any error message.It acts like its checking email then shows no new messages.I then go to other computer and check email and have a whole page of email.Im using Zonealarm pro for firewall and Norton virus protection.James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users