Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newbie Here!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BritPip

BritPip

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:26 PM

Hi!
I'm a newbie to your very helpful forum... My name is Chris & I used to be a computer tech before I quit about 5 years ago to have our 1st baby & decided to stay home to raise our kids (we have 2 now). Apparently, since I quit, either all my computer know-how flew out of my ears due to a seriously bad case of "Mommy Brain" or things moved on in a pretty big way pretty fast. Either way, I'm feeling rather lost these days (heck, I couldn't even remember how to get to the root directory in a DOS window earlier today! ROFL) so I'm hoping someone on here will be able to help me sort all my computer problems out... LOL :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 I2010

I2010

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:39 AM

Welcome to the forums. I've only just joined myself. Things have changed drastically with the whole malware problem in your 5-year absence. The programs are much more aggressive and harder to defeat now. The people here have a handle on it though. Whether you want to learn or just solve a nagging problem, this is a great place to be.

ttfn, I2010

#3 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:00 AM

Welcome to BC!

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:57 AM

Keeping up with the many changes in computing is almost a full-time occupation, as fast as everything changes.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users