Jump to content


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.


Where Do I Change "something" On My Computer To Allow Words That Need Correcting To Have A Wavy Red Line Under Them?

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 theesponja


  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Arizona
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:27 PM

I must have done something in the past because now... when I write a document, I can no longer depend on the wavy red lines to be noticed when I type a word wrongly. At the school computer lab (where I do most of my work), I have no problems but on MY HOME computer, some little check mark is missing someplace... I use the 2007 versions of word, PowerPoint, etc. Any suggestions?

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)


#2 HitSquad


    You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

  • Members
  • 1,573 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Momma
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:07 AM

Hi theesponja.
In Word click Tools>Options>Spelling and Grammar.
Make sure all the spelling and grammar check options have a tick next to them.
Example below from office 03:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users