Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sounds Cannot Be Heard

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gneb

gneb

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:10 PM

hi! i'm using a dell inspiron|1200 laptop. after my nephew accidentally drop it on the carpet (slightly), the sounds cannot be heard anymore. i tried to troubleshoot it but still nothing. i already re-formatted the laptop hoping that hardware is not the problem but it still not working.. can anybody help me pls? maybe the sound card or any chip was loosen after the fall?? i want a technician to look at it but i dont have money for that. i want to look at it myself but i'm scared i might do a serious damage or i'll get electrecuted.. pls help. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sreez

sreez

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:58 AM

HI gneb,

I guess you posted this on wrong section. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/65/audio-and-video/

Anyways can you check if the internal hardware is fine.

start--> computer(rightclick)---> Manage--> (From list)Device manager . Check if the drivers are correctly installed for sound card(Audio driver)and if there anything missing let us know.

Cheers

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

#3 gneb

gneb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:50 PM

that's actually the first thing that i did. but there seems no problem with that. and when i play a song or a movie, i don't encounter any error message about my audio at all. it seems that it is playing a sound but i dont hear any. it's not in mute also

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users