Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Lost All Red In The Monitor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 normy1430

normy1430

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:29 PM

this problem started 1 month ago and is not critical but very annoying.i use the pc for about 1 hour and suddenly it looses the red driver in the picture.my pcis:emac hine6216,amd athlon64,windowsxp2,acer lcd monitor.i just updated the driver from nvidia geforce6100.i scanned for viruses with avast and now i don't know what to do.can i get help here? thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN

• Members
  • 514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:35 PM

Sounds like the monitor, not the graphics card or driver.

Check that the graphics card is fully seated.

Check that cables are tight. Also on the monitor side if it has a connector (this is most typical)

Inspect the pins of the vga cable (are you using vga?) for bent pins.

Try a different monitor for a day and see if problem persists. If problem goes away, your LCD monitor may have sh*t the bed.

Edited by FrankOtheMountaiN, 07 September 2008 - 04:35 PM.

Frank O' The Mountain
Doing more stupid before 5AM than most people do all day.

#3 normy1430

normy1430
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:53 PM

this problem is the same with 3 different monitors.all are plug and play. i tried a new vga cable no better.the video card is embedded and oem so no help there.visual inspection shows no bent pin.i guess i need help.

#4 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN

• Members
  • 514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:56 PM

Is video card fully seated in the motherboard? It is a common prolem that the card gets partially pulled out of its socket. Make sure you check it with the power off and disconnected! What card is it? Probably get another on ebay for cheap. Do you have a different graphics card to test with?

Edited by FrankOtheMountaiN, 07 September 2008 - 04:57 PM.

Frank O' The Mountain
Doing more stupid before 5AM than most people do all day.

#5 normy1430

normy1430
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:03 PM

the card is part of the motheboard.it is nividia ge force6100.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users