Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Apparently I Need The Newer Version Of Java

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 hawk4444

hawk4444

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:47 PM

hello

i've been wracking my brain for ages on how to fix the problem. i've probably uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version of flash from the java site dozens of times. using both the program they give to uninstall and by going to the add/remove program in my control panel.

i've gone to my internet tools and checked to see if my java works fine there from other places that say such n such should be enabled. and they are. i really don't know what else more i can do.

now heres the problem i get.

i can watch youtube videos. but it does give me a problem occasionally by telling me i need the newest version of java. which means to me this video you can't watch of b/c of some problem. yet others will work.

i also go to a site called. filecabi.net

its probably one of the best video sites out there on the net. try it.

i can watch maybe a video or two if i'm lucky. then it won't play any afterwards. it uses flash as well. it boggles my mind that it'll work sometimes and yet not other times.

oh and i've used other internet services like firefox, and safari. they all do the same. i should have internet explorer 7.

i use window xp with service pack 3. (if you require more please tell me and i'll tell you what you need)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:41 PM

Have you installed Adobe flash? http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
MCP
MSDST

#3 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN

• Members
  • 514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:45 PM

I had similar problem on one pc and it was flash. I had to uninstall flash and reinstall to fix. Just installing or updating flash did not work.

Frank O' The Mountain
Doing more stupid before 5AM than most people do all day.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:19 PM

Are you using Firefox? There are known compatibility issues between the latest edition of Firefox and the latest edition of Flash. Both companies have admitted that the problem hasn't been solved. And you are confusing Java with JavaScript. Very common misconception. They're not the same thing. A JavaScript error is usually a problem with an ad on the website you are visiting. So you get a JavaScript error and Flash won't work properly. When that happens, I open the webpage in a new tab and that fixes it. I have yet to see a real solution to JavaScript errors because the error is caused by a programming error that messes up the website compatibility with the browser. It's not anything you are doing. Supposedly Chrome is going to solve JavaScript issues.

#5 hawk4444

hawk4444
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:44 PM

perhaps it is a javascript error. that i don't know how to fix either or i'd of done it by now. i have uninstalled and reinstalled it numerous times. if chrome supposedly will fix it. i'll be sure to upgrade to that soon.

i'm just wondering if there is anything else i can do to remedy this problem.

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:37 AM

The answer is no. Again, you are confusing Java with Javascript. You don't install Javascript. It is a programming language used by whoever created the webpage and is frequently misused. It's usually not a problem with the webpage but with an ad on that page. There are supposed to be fixes for this like the Firefox extension NoScript but guess what? None of the fixes work and you will still get JavaScript errors.

#7 SLIX

SLIX

• Members
  • 380 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:16 AM

Hi

Do you have the latest version of Sun Java installed.

Follow this link to find out more about Sun Java and to download the latest version.

http://www.java.com/en/download/whatis_java.jsp
Steve

#8 4fingerlid

4fingerlid

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:52 PM

I've had the same prob. After hours of trying to fix the solution for me was to uninstall it & reinstall it from FileHippo. Do not try to install it from Adobe site. FileHippo is a safe & hassle free site for downloads. Select no. 5 under most popular downloads. (Flash Player 10 RC (IE)) It is for Internet Explorer.

FileHippo

#9 4fingerlid

4fingerlid

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:20 PM

Here's the non IE version other browsers.

Flash Player for other browsers

#10 4fingerlid

4fingerlid

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:34 PM

Should have added install Flash Player separately. One version for IE & the other version for Firefox or Opera.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users