Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Into The Fray.....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rebelman

Rebelman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:04 PM

Hello all,

Just joined BC after being referred by an online acquaintance. I use an older (2002 purchase) emachine T1150 that has bben a great little machine for the money, but has been running slower and slower as of late. I use AVG and Superantispyware free edition, both of which have provided good service. I also do a disk cleanup and defragment fairly regularly, and use Mozilla, which has a pretty decent firewall, But I can't help but wonder if I'm missing something somewhere. I know that I'm hampered by my computer's limited memory (128 MB), but I'm not in a position to replace it and am hesitant to invest more money in a memory card if there are bigger problems lurking within the guts of my faithful old emachine.

When I log on to the Net, I have time to go make a sandwich before the homepage opens, and when using some sites, (hotmail, for instance), transitioning to a new email can take two or three minutes. I can manage the Net fairly well, but am never going to be mistaken for a member of the Geek Squad. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can check to see if my computer is truly clean?

Edited by Rebelman, 07 September 2008 - 02:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:42 PM

Hi Rebelman welcome to Bleeping Computer you could look here or here :thumbsup:

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:43 PM

Welcome to BC
If you believe that you're infected, I would start in our Am I Infected? forum, for some recommendations
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users