Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Password Block A Program & Files

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dogman1313

Dogman1313

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:40 AM

I have installed a Peer to Peer program, is there any to password protect this program so that I am the only on that can see or use it?

Thank You

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tswsl1989

tswsl1989

• Members
  • 260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:24 AM

I think there are a few bits of software that might do what you're asking, but I don't know of any off hand.

If you use different user accounts on that computer, you can use XPs permissions system to deny access to the programs folder to other accounts. If your account is password protected, that will restrict access to the program. It won't help if you leave the computer logged on.

Another alternative would be to use TrueCrypt or a similar piece of software to install the program to an encrypted are, which you can then unlock with a password.
Tom

Tswsl1989
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users