Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Updater

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 honu1

honu1

• Members
  • 477 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:45 AM

I recently downloaded Google Earth to my system.
I am running Windows XP Home SP2
After the download was complete, I saw that an icon for the Google Updater was also showing on my desktop. I just did some browsing about updater, but don't understand why I have it. I'm thinking that it came bundled with Google Earth. I thought Google was a pretty safe site, but there are so many imposters out there, I don't want to compromise my system's security.

Anyone else here use these 2 programs+can advise in novice terms what it's all about?

Thank you
honu1
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:39 PM

I noticed that also. It's bundled with Earth. I don't like it when they forcreyou to add extra crap when you don't want it. Google Earth use to be kind of a resource hog. I removed it. I don't know what you wanted to use it for, but if you enter a location in Mapquest and select satellite view it's the same thing
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 honu1

honu1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 477 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:05 PM

Thanks Mark,
I didn't realize Mapquest had that feature! :thumbsup:
I downloaded the Google Earth as a one time shot for my dad to check on a certain place.
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users