Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Call Of Duty 4 Low Fps?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 micoa

micoa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:19 AM

my computer specs at

Q9550 @ 2.83 ghx (stock)
Ati HD4870 (stock) Cataylst 8.8 with 8.7 drivers.. it was unstable with 8.8 drivers
P5Q - PRO
Kingston DDR2 800
Thermal Take TR2 RX 550w psu

All settings at max
4x AA

i am getting about 61- 110 FPS during game play, is this normal?

i hear people are having up to 200 FPS

is my PSU too weak?

Edited by micoa, 07 September 2008 - 07:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:42 AM

that is not low. Your eyes can't even see 200 frames per second, not even close actually. More along the lines of 80. If you insist upon seeing huge FPS numbers then drop your settings. You can of course drop a ton of money into a huge power supply, but thermaltake is a good brand and assuming the voltages are okay, 550 is good enough to run what you have.

Edited by smurfgod, 07 September 2008 - 07:43 AM.

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:31 AM

That psu is more than sufficient for that set up.

I don't really see what the problem is. The human eye can't see more than 60FPS, and once you get 30 or more FPS, the game should play smoothly. The 4870 is a powerful card, but with all settings maxed out on a game such as COD4, I don't think it would be able to get 200FPS.

What is your screen resolution? Maybe you're running at a much higher resolution than other people. This could affect your fps quite a bit too.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users