Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Double Click

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cobalt1

Cobalt1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:20 AM

Hello, I have a similar problem to ones described in the forum. I recently bought a used laptop and when I double click an item I am unable to open it. I get a small window with the option to open or another option. I am able to open the application by using the open option but then my touch pad keys stop working. I can get them to work again by using ctrl-alt-delete and clicking twice to close task manager. Can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:27 AM

Can you plug a USB mouse into the laptop and use it without issues? If so, then I'd suspect either the touchpad buttons or the drivers for the touchpad.

Visit the laptop manufacturer's website and download the most recent version of the touchpad drivers and install it on the system (if it says that version is already installed - uninstall it and then install the fresh copy).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users