Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Putting A Power Point Presentation On The Web

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 481 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:33 PM

Hi,

Anyone know how to put a Power Point Presentation on the web, like to post to a blog as a slide show?

Just that.

John :thumbsup:
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:56 PM

Typically you just have to have the link to download it. I bet you'd have to convert it to flash/some other format, which I've never done, and isn't typically done at all.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#3 lhamil64

lhamil64

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:30 AM

I have seen powerpoint presentations on the web before. I'm not sure how to do it really but I think you just link to it and if the user has a powerpoint viewing software installed then it will just play right in the browser.

Another alternative is to go to http://docs.google.com/ and upload the powerpoint there and then share that link.

#4 Master_Mind

Master_Mind

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:33 PM

save the your file as web page and then upload it.
To begin, open your presentation and choose File, Save as Web Page. When PowerPoint presents the Save as Web Page dialog box, use the "Save in" drop-down list to choose where you want to put your files. Next, select a title for your page. This is the title that will appear in the top-left corner of the browser window. If you're not happy with the text that PowerPoint suggests, click Change Title, type a new title in the Set Page Title dialog box, and click OK. Next, name your file in the "File name" text box.

At this point you can click Save to save your presentation as a Web page. However, if you want to be more selective, click the Publish button. The Publish as Web Page dialog box offers several options. You can choose whether to publish your entire presentation or just certain slides, as well as whether to display speaker notes.

#5 eLenka

eLenka

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:06 AM

Maybe it's not the easiest way, but for my recent project where I needed some slides to be web published, I saved PP presentation slides as an image (Save as | Other formats | choose JPEG, PNG or smth. else). Then I used this slideshow maker (Flashslider) to make a flash slideshow of these images. I like that with this prog I get web-ready swf and an HTML code. So, the result slideshow (i.e. presentation) can be embedded to any page you need. It also supports timing for each slide, adds control and navigation buttons to a slideshow. The only problem you may have is adding sound to separate slides if you need it (my presentation was without sound). As far as I know, Flashslider can add background sound to the whole slideshow, but I'm not sure about separate slides.

#6 equestrianmomma

equestrianmomma

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:57 PM

I know it can be done with Articulate... it's an expensive program, but if you know someone who creates e-learning, they might be able to do it for you. (The program converts PPT to Flash.)

Edited by equestrianmomma, 20 July 2010 - 12:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users