Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Well Hello!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa in Cali

Lisa in Cali

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:02 PM

I love this site.... they keep asking me to post, but I have a feeling that it is not because of my incredible beauty, humor, intelligence or knowledge. Because I just might be lacking in some (or all) of those attributes. Or not. Anyway....

I sell real estate in SoCal and, for this career, I am pretty good at computer knowledge, compared to other veteran RE agents. YET...If you compare me to those techie guys who got into the business when their careers stalled in 2000? I am a neophyte. They are so far ahead of me that I will never catch up.

My goal in life (sort of, uh, computer wise) is to not have to send them my log from HijackThis! Well, kind of...

I don't think my odds are great. I have downloaded way too many programs that have been spyware and absolutely unhelpful. But in the past, I hope. Now? I check online before I click on any email attachment. This internet explosion is just like the Wild West.
And I am still trying to figure out why someone would want to ruin my computer with no compensation, no admiration and no glory. Just sayin'...

Anyway, I love this site, I have lurked for quite awhile and trust the site. So far, they haven't steered me wrong!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:31 PM

Hello, Lisa in Cali.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Glad you decided to join us.

Please take the time, to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.
If you have any questions about how to use this site, this forum will probably answer them.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 blackhawk5941

blackhawk5941

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:34 PM

Welcome to the bleepingcomputer hope you enjoy your stay :thumbsup: . The weather has been hot here in Southern California. If i was you i would submit a Hijackthis log just to make sure you don't have any nasty Malware that could put your clients information at risk, since you work real estate. This website is great and full of information you just got to look around.
Matthew 7:8 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

#4 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:21 AM

Welcome to BC!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users