Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"bootmgr Is Missing"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 deeds281

deeds281

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:11 PM

I just finished building my first computer and was installing vista. I think it was transferring files to my HDD when my computer reset. Now this message appears every time I boot when the HDD is plugged in, but when the HDD is not plugged in I can't install windows onto it.

I've looked around on the internet and still have no idea what's going on.

It could have something to do with the boot priority or the fact that my CD/DVD drive seems to be listed as a master HDD. Keep in mind that I have no idea what I'm doing and might have just messed up a cord placement or changed a setting in BIOS.

Also, plugging in the HDD after the computer has been turned on would be a bad idea, right?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:38 PM

There should be a a means of resetting the BIOS to the default settings. You want to make the CD-ROM the first device in the boot order so that you can boot from the Vista installation CD.

Edited by dc3, 06 September 2008 - 09:39 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 deeds281

deeds281
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:45 PM

I've tried that. Thanks, though. I'm starting to get frustrated.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:33 PM

Try using the jumper on the motherboard to reset the CMOS.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:29 PM

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=b...mp;aq=f&oq=

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users