Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Still Infected, Hijacked?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 fortysixandtwo

fortysixandtwo

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:12 PM

So a few weeks ago i got some nasty virus/trojan that took over my system. Hijack all web traffic, such that only google would work, but all the links were redirected by something else to fake websites. Didn't matter which browser, and even behaved the same way in safe mode. Anyway, I used Malwarebyte's anti malware and spybot which seems to have got the computer back to normal. Unfortunately, i think something is still left over, as I've noticed that my ping in Team Fortress 2 is consistently higher than it was before this happened. the server i usually play on is normally < 10 ms ping, but since the virus problem, it has never dropped below 60 which is annoying. Redoing scans with spybot, malwarebytes, adaware and even trend micro's housecall online scanner have turned up nothing but cookies. I've been thinking about doing a hard reset on the tcp/ip stack to what is was when windows xp was first installed, using information from dslreports and microsoft guides, but want to make sure it isn't something else i'm missing before trying that. If anybody has any suggestions for what i can try, or knows what this could be, I'd really appreciate your help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users