Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Failing To Install Office 2003 Sp3

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 krazykdude

krazykdude

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:26 PM

Hello, I have been having this problem for months now, but previously chose to ignore it.
Now that I have some time on my hands, its time to get rid of this pesky problem.
Each time I turn on my computer, automatic updates has one important update, which is Office 2003 SP3, it begins to install it and minutes later it said Office 2003 SP3 failed to install.

I move onto another method, by manually installing it, so I go the Microsoft Website and download it. Downloading is successfully, and it starts installing, installation goes fine until, BAM! Error missing SKU011.CAB verify that it exists that click retry.

Now, I am stuck and confused, what exactly should I do? I have tried dozens of installs, rebooted my computer many times.

Can someone please post some specific instructions to help solve this problem?
BY THE WAY I DO NOT HAVE AN OFFICE 2003 CD TO UNINSTALL THEN REINSTALL IT!

Here is a little description of my computer if it helps in any way.
I am currently running Windows XP Pro SP3 and Office 2003 SP2, there are no problems, viruses, or spyware on my computer. I have Kaspersky IS 2009 and Malware Bytes’Anti-Malware, and scan and clean my computer on a weekly basis. It has over 140 GB of free space available and 1GB of Ram.

Edited by krazykdude, 06 September 2008 - 05:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:13 PM

Maybe...your Office 2003 install is corrupt...or at least some files may be corrupt.

I'd try the uninstall/reinstall routine with Office 2003, then promptly go to Microsoft Update and allow it to try to do its thing.

Louis

#3 Bella8mymouse

Bella8mymouse

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:30 PM

Krazykdude: I am having the same problem, running Windows XP and Office Student Edition. I was wondering if you ever found a solution to your problem? If so, please share. Bella8mymouse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users