Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2 Antivirus Programmes On Same Pc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tintin26

Tintin26

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:48 AM

Hi! I was wondering if I have McAfee Antivirus on a PC can I also install AVG Antivirus? Will there be any problems or slow down of the computer? Which is better in detection, AVG or McAfee?
I didn't deserve to walk away. There are no happy endings. - Max Payne

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:52 AM

As a rule you shouldn't have two antiviruses installed and running similtaneously. They can interfere with each others processes causing virus false alarms and can slow the PC down and in some cases lock it as they both try to access the same system files.

As for which is better, that's a bit harder. Both AVG and McAfee are trusted antiviruses but i think the AVG free version being free and comparable probably edges it.

Others may disagree.
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#3 Tintin26

Tintin26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:23 PM

Awrite, exactly what I needed to know. Thanks! :thumbsup:

I'm running McAfee and SuperAnti Spyware now and will stick to them then. Btw, SuperAnti Spyware is a great piece of software and has very good detection rates.
I didn't deserve to walk away. There are no happy endings. - Max Payne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users