Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi I'm Tweetyb

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tweetyb

tweetyb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:48 AM

Salutations and Greetings,
Joy in the morning,

Thanks for the great site and keep up the good work.
I found you through Major Geeks and it was a great help on a rootkit issue for a friends old
dell. The bottom line was best to nuke the hard drive and reinstall, but great tutorials. the Issue was DS Agent.exe that wouldn't close. His wee beastie should run XP with 256MB ram but was glacial and riddled with memory hogs like HP and Norton, too. Startup issues also seemed to keep springing up form the earth like some zombie movie. We will get some ram, install firewall and selectively install the hp all in one.

I will contact you later re: links to this site and the excellent tutorials.

I have been a computer user since the old stone age....punch cards, FORTRAN, pick up your programs at the next window, Thursday....Serial programming communications EQ in HEX for General Equivalent and RotoRolla, Midbog and others before PC... bulletin boards and modems...my how time flies. Anybody remember computers with Tubes... and doors and windows... tables and chairs... editing reams and boxes of Go To's...

Have Fun, Fun, fun for, A Joy untold is an untold Joy...

Tweetyb

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:54 AM

Hi Tweetyb,