Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Internal Cd/dvd Player Not Connecting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 davidjen

davidjen

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:32 AM

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this site and I have a question I hope has an easy answer.
Before I get started, let me throw out some personal info:
I'm a 40 year old, fairly intelligent computer novice that uses an e-machines desktop computer with microsoft xp operating system. I've had it for about 3 years and for the first 2 3/4 years I didn't have an acceptable firewall, anti-virus program, utilities cleaners etc.. Through trial and error, reading and hard work, I finally cleaned up my computer of all the crap that was taking my computer 15 minutes to boot up (I'm not sure that is an exagerration!) I now have Zone alarm firewall, Eset nod 32 antivirus, and CCleaner and glary utilities cleaners to keep all this crap clean and organized. I have used numerous other virus programs, cleaners, and spyware removers as well. My problem is that my computer is running so well that I want to save it on a maxtor one touch external device but can't. For some reason, My internal cd/dvd drive isn't connecting to the rest of my computer. I'm not sure if I "cleaned" something by accident. I'm sure this is a simple fix, but it's outside my knowledge. The lights for cd drive come on, and an internal check of maxtor system says that's working fine

Any help would be appreciated

David

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:59 PM

Does the CD/DVD driver show up in My Computer?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 davidjen

davidjen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:50 PM

no, but I think I found what was wrong. I accidently disabled a driver when I was using the autoruns program to limit my computers startup programs. I got a little overzealous.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:45 PM

Let us know if that doesn't work
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users