Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bsod

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 neil

neil

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:09 AM

hi guys
Windows Vsta HPremium SP1
Hewlett-Packard
Intel core 2 dou CPU E4700 @ 2.60GHz
3gb ram
32 bit OS

back home visiting my sister and the first thing she tells me is "i sent back the old pc and this ones *&^%$" they got it 5 days ago, dont know what her daugter did to it! ATI Radon HD 3450 has a prob so dose WAN Miniport and Compact Flash
tryed restoring facter setting but keep get BSOD but this morn it not crashed once but heres one of the reports. i look for this report "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Report09ed21c2" but it on there!!

any help appreciated
neil

Log Name: Application
Source: Windows Error Reporting
Date: 06/09/2008 10:38:19
Event ID: 1001
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: bradley-PC
Description:
Fault bucket 159262646, type 5
Event Name: PnPDriverImportError
Response: None
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: x86
P2: 80070002
P3: netrasa.inf
P4: 4922a857a38c8df824f7885ba6031e4ab1ccd02a
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\bradley\AppData\Local\Temp\DMI201F.tmp.log.xml
C:\Users\bradley\AppData\Local\Temp\LOG204F.tmp
c:\WINDOWS\inf\netrasa.inf

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Report09ed21c2
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-09-06T09:38:19.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>1232</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>bradley-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>159262646</Data>
<Data>5</Data>
<Data>PnPDriverImportError</Data>
<Data>None</Data>
<Data>0</Data>
<Data>x86</Data>
<Data>80070002</Data>
<Data>netrasa.inf</Data>
<Data>4922a857a38c8df824f7885ba6031e4ab1ccd02a</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
C:\Users\bradley\AppData\Local\Temp\DMI201F.tmp.log.xml
C:\Users\bradley\AppData\Local\Temp\LOG204F.tmp
c:\WINDOWS\inf\netrasa.inf</Data>
<Data>C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Report09ed21c2</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 neil

neil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:21 AM

i spoke to soon just had BSOD and it had this

stop ox1a ox5100 oxc413148 oxo1 ox94be8963

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:39 AM

Use this link to find more information about the error: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry409491
We'll need that in order to figure out what's going on.

Right now it appears that there's a problem with your networking (both from your reference to the WAN Miniport issue, and from the reference to netrasa.inf in the first error report)

The STOP 0x1a error refers to a problem with Memory Management. Try running the memory tester in Vista: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/using-vista-windows-memory-diagnostics-tool/
Let the test run for at least 3 passes (but overnight is better). If it starts giving you errors you can stop the test and post back for more detailed testing procedures (we'll need the exact model number of this PC to help with that).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 neil

neil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:52 AM

hi
its modal: s3541.uk
running the test now and its saying

Hardware problems were detected. to identify and repair these problems, you will need to contact the manufacturuer.

so told them to phone HP
but if you think we can fix it love to know
thanx
neil

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:00 AM

If it failed the memory test, then you'll have to test each stick individually in the first slot.

HP info on changing the memory: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...product=3755534

When opening the case, be sure that the system is unplugged from the wall. Then, when going into the case, ensure that you ground yourself by holding onto the metal chassis to prevent static electricity buildup.

Remove all memory chips except for the one in the first slot, then run the memory test and see if it passes. If it does, then you can assume that that stick and slot combination is good.

Then remove that stick and place the other in it's place - then run the test again.
Then remove that stick and place the first stick in the second slot - then run the test again
Then remove that stick and place the second stick in the second slot - then run the test again.
(this procedure can be shortened if you've identified a particular chip or slot problem).

If all sticks fail on all slots - then it can be either the memory is bad or the motherboard is bad (you'll have to either test the memory on another machine, or buy new memory and test it on your machine)
If both sticks pass on one slot, but fail on another - then it's likely that the slot (on the motherboard) is bad
If one stick passes on both slots, and the other fails on both slots - then it's likely that the stick is bad
If any other combination comes up - then it's most likely that there's an intermittent problem with the motherboard - although (less likely) it could be an intermittent problem with the memory.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 neil

neil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:38 AM

hi john
it only 5 day old so not opening it!!
it BSOD after the memory test and got
stop 0x1a 0x41287 0x0 0x0 0x0
restared and got the BSOD with
stop c21a {fatal sytem error}
restared nd there was no report for the memory test. but it did have this

Product
Microsoft Windows Search Indexer

Problem
Stopped working

Date
06/09/2008 12:44

Status
Not Reported

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: SearchIndexer.exe
Application Version: 7.0.6001.16503
Application Timestamp: 483b99af
Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a76d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00044826
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: b2be
Additional Information 2: 82109204b3973566ace818217390e302
Additional Information 3: b2be
Additional Information 4: 82109204b3973566ace818217390e302

Files that help describe the problem
Version.txt
AppCompat.txt
memory.hdmp
minidump.mdmp

think ill tell them to phone monday and get someone out to sort it
neil

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:50 AM

5 days old? Take it back and exchange it for a new one!
It looks like a hardware issue to me - and that'd be the requirement for replacing it (at least that's how it works in the US, dunno about returns/exchanges in the UK tho')

#8 neil

neil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:16 AM

thanx for all the help john
HP are sending someone out to fix it so that cool.
shame my sister always buys duff pc this is her 3rd in 1 year!!!!
neil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users