Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Pc Is Infected By Malware Or Virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dj316

dj316

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:54 AM

Hi

My computer is infected by some sort of virus / malware, which I have been trying to get rid off for the past few days.

Basically my computer was very slow, half of the desktop icons disappeared, task manager would not open, could not find my hard disk directory in explorer and the words "VIRUS ALERT" appeared down beside the clock in the taskbar and pop up windows kept coming up saying that my computer was infected and i had to download all these different types of software/programs (which i didnt).

So far I have run a number of scans / programs to try and get rid of the malware/virus. Programs/scans which I have ran include Super Antispyware, MBAM, Combofix, smutfraud and Hijack This as suggested in some posts on here.. I have also the Panda antiroot scan but it found nothing.

Anyway please find attached the Hijack This log file and also some other log files for Super Antispyware, MBAM & combofix. I would be very greatful if someone could review my Hijackthis log and/or some of the other logs and please tell me what has infected my computer and if my comper is now clean or do I need to do anything else.

Thanks

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:33 PM

I apologize for the very long delay. We have a huge backlog of HijackThis Logs to handle and it has been taking us greater time than normal to get caught up. If you are still having a problem, and want us to analyze your information, please reply to this topic stating that you still need help and I will work with you on resolving your computer problems. If your problem has been resolved, please post a reply letting us know so we can close your topic.

Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, feel free to create a new one.

Once again, I apologize for the delay in responding to this topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users