Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Useing Spybot S&d

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:04 PM

I have installed Spybot and of course before scanning I want to configure the updates, . .

Does anyone have any information concerning the first three entrees that are not checked ?

It would be nice to know what they are, I tried Googleing the first and could not make it out, anyone have some plain language you might wish to share ?

Posted Image

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Galadriel

Galadriel

Bleepin Elf

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:31 PM

English Descriptions: It is the database of information with regards to specific entries found. Whether it be in startup items or the result list. That has always been a work in progress. Much like the databases here, they are constantly evolving.

English Language: That's basically the language files. As the program is german originally, it had to be translated. Thus every now and then, there are updates required to add info in each language. You will only see the one language unless you change it in the settings to show updates for additional languages.

F/P Fixes: This one pretty much is self explanatory. It corrects some possible false positives. A False Positive is when a scanner detects a file/setting as bad, when it isn't. A misread if you like.

They aren't checked by default because they don't affect the security, aren't "required" for the efficiency of the program. Although the F/P one, probably should be applied.
I cemna prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel
'The avatar is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

Phear teh ceiling cat, for he is roofkittehd! - Basement Cat

I'm a Bleeping Folder, are you? - Join BC in the fight against diseases - Click here
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:17 PM

Galadriel,

Much appreciated thanks !

Jove
P.S. I was not able to check the F/P, for some reason ?

Pardon me I am seeing that it may be un checking those that it Downloads, so, it may have unchecked the F/P a little faster that I may have noticed, the Tea Timer update has a bad checksum next to it and it appears to be loading, I'm not sure it will be successful and will let you know.

Edited by Jove, 06 September 2008 - 01:44 AM.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users