Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Iuser_admin

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lo6308

lo6308

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:49 PM

Just recently when I turn on my computer I get this account: IUSER_ADMIN which requires a password. I didn't create the account and I can't find any password that will work. I've looked on other forums and see that other people are starting to have the same problem. It must be something new because no one seems to know anything about it or how to get rid of it.

The only way I've found to log in to my computer is to reboot in safe mode, click on my account and restore the system to an earlier date. This is only a temporary fix because a day later the same thing happens.

Does anyone have any idea what this is and how to get rid of it?

Thanks...

Edited by lo6308, 05 September 2008 - 04:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:04 PM

There are a couple of suggestions HERE you can try.

#3 LaMo69

LaMo69

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:48 PM

:thumbsup: I have deleted it five times. I found that I can go to the control panel and user accts, access and change the password and log on to the acct. But so far nothing has worked to perm delete the acct. I did not have a problem till I added Trojan Remover and Spybot, then it just appeared, which was first of last week. At first I thought someone had hijacked my computer, now I am not sure what to think. Please email me if someone figures out how to fix it.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:53 PM

I did not have a problem till I added Trojan Remover and Spybot,

So, remove them and see if the problem persists. Start with Trojan Remover
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 lo6308

lo6308
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:31 PM

This problem is apparently bigger than we first thought. I see the same problem being discussed extensively. Google has been getting a lot of hits on it. Seems to be a global problem. It's fairly new and so far haven't seen any remedy for it. People are saying anything from it's a windows problem to it's a backdoor trojan that is capable of allowing the author to extract all of your personal files on your computer.

Sure hope someone can find the answer to this soon. In the meantime, the best advice is not to perform any personal banking or anything that requires passwords, usernames etc.

The account can be removed temporarily by logging onto computer in safe mode (F8), going to start-run and type "control(space)userpasswords2" and then remove the IUSER_admin account. It will come back sooner or later, so you just have to keep checking your user accounts every day until someone is able to come up with a permanent fix. (It's a hassle, but apparently necessary right now.)

This problem has only developed during the past two weeks. No telling how long it will take for the sperts to find a way out of it.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:50 PM

There's confusion between the
IUSER_admin and the
IUSR_admin accounts.

From what I've seen, the IUSER stuff is bad - while the IUSR stuff may be bad or may not be bad.

I'll move this over to the Am I Infected forums where you can get some expert advice.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users