Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Plug 'n Play Won't Recognize My Hp All-in-one

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 weybrew

weybrew

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:08 PM

I recently had to uninstall my HP Officejet 5610. When I reinstalled my USB connection, an error screen tells me "the required section was not found in the INF." HP's diagnostic confirmed that the usb.inf file was in place but that the system was not accessing it, probably due to a digital signature issue. They said to reformat and reinstall WIN! I'm not techno savy to proceed, but a Windows reinstall seems extreme... Can anyone help, please?

Windows XP (SP 3)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:29 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

Is that the exact error message?

Any reference to .inf files usually means that the system was looking at a driver file, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INF_file

If I take that message literally, it tells me that Windows looked at an .inf file and did not find appropriate information for whatever it is that you were trying to install.

I see 3 different printers with the designation that you put forth, http://search.hp.com/query.html?cc=us&...+5610&la=en

I suppose that you need to doublecheck the model you have...then download the appropriate software and install same.

Louis

#3 weybrew

weybrew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:36 PM

Thanks, hamluis. Your links are how I got my HP diagnostic instructions and zeroed in on the problem. I used the original inatall disk, too. I've gotten the software installed but XP won't recognize it.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,385 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:35 PM

Hmm...I've no clue.

FWIW: I've never known digital signal issues to impede anything being installed or functioning in XP. The notification comes up, I answer that I don't care, and it all works as it should.

Take a look: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...p;product=85648

Louis

#5 weybrew

weybrew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:40 PM

To all forum readers: Problem resolved! I needed to download new drivers. After, all is well.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,385 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:22 PM

Feedback appreciated, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users