Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen Saver Applied To Dual Monitors

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 K()nT3nTs

K()nT3nTs

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:38 PM

:thumbsup: Hello,

I have a dual monitor setup for my PC. Currently on Vista64 bit. I have the additional monitor setup as an extended desktop. I want to have a screen savor be applied to both screens instead of just the main screen.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:59 PM

Yes, you can. I found this answer on the Vistax64 Forums using Google. You can use a very useful program called Ultramon which is a tweak tool for using dual monitor setups. It will allow you to use a different (or the same) screen saver on each monitor. It has a full featured trial period in which you can try all the neat features of the program before registering.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 EEclips3

EEclips3

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:08 PM

Yes, you can. I found this answer on the Vistax64 Forums using Google. You can use a very useful program called Ultramon which is a tweak tool for using dual monitor setups. It will allow you to use a different (or the same) screen saver on each monitor. It has a full featured trial period in which you can try all the neat features of the program before registering.

SC is a pro :thumbsup: He just helped me out with something so you can trust his word.

#4 K()nT3nTs

K()nT3nTs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:04 PM

THanks SC,

Yea I tried Ultramon and it did it, but not for my screen saver. I have a matrix screen saver that doesnt seem to get the dual effect. You know in the options for dual screen saver where it has a preview button? Well the side that the SS would normally be on doesnt have it checked off and it works on that monitor, but for the second monitor the SS is just black and I think its because of the preview box being checked off on that one.

Any ideas about that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users