Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows System Restore

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PhilCam

PhilCam

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:41 AM

I have been getting the blue screen recently and a friend looked at the problem and suggested that I do a system restore before sometime before August 24th. However, my earliest restore point is August 26th, is there a way to go back further, or am I screwed?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SLIX

SLIX

• Members
  • 380 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 05 September 2008 - 12:12 PM

You could be screwed unless you have an alternative program that provides a restore point.
Do you have any Norton programs running? Norton has a restore program that stops the Windows System Restore from creating restore points. If you have this then you can restore using Norton. If not then you are basically stuffed.
Steve

#3 PhilCam

PhilCam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:32 PM

Thanks, I do have Norton.

Where is the system restore for it, I am having trouble finding it.

Thanks.

#4 SLIX

SLIX

• Members
  • 380 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:47 AM

Hi Phil

Sorry, but I don't run Norton so I'm not able to direct you where the Norton Restore program is (assuming you have that element of Norton installed).
I'm not keen on it as it seems to take over your PC and do some annoying things - which is why I have steered clear of it. It might be worth you going to the Symantic website and having a look there to identify your product and seeing if it holds the answer to your problem.
Steve

#5 PhilCam

PhilCam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:33 PM

I'll make sure to do that, and keep my fingers crossed.

Many thanks,
Phil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users