Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Update For Microsoft Xml Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (kb936181)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yowie

yowie

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:51 AM

Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181)

Download size: 5.4 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified in Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed.

More information:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=88350

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

This I am finding to be a troublesome update as it just won't go away, nor does it install. It just wants to keeps updating. Is there anyway to resolve this issue. I have unchecked it nearly 30 times already but it won't leave my Vista alone. Any help is much appreciated thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FILIPINADIVA

FILIPINADIVA

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:22 PM

:huh:

OK I FINALLY GOT A SOLUTION FOR THOSE USING WINDOWS VISTA!!! TO STOP THE REPEAT REQUEST FOR
"Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2"
ALL I HAD TO DO IS HARASS HP TECHNICAL SUPPORT. LOL.

READ THIS FIRST, IT IS RELATIVELY SIMPLE.

FIRST : MAKE SURE YOU UNINSTALL THE UPDATE FROM YOUR PROGRAM FILES

SECOND: GO TO MICROSOFT'S SITE AND GET THE UPDATE MANUALLY BUT DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT DIRECTLY! SAVE IT TO YOUR DESKTOP HERE IS THE SITE: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

THIRD: ONCE IT IS ON YOUR DESKTOP, RIGHT-CLICK ON THE ICON AND THEN CLICK ON THE OPTION "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" THEN HIT "RUN" AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS

FOURTH: RESTART YOUR COMPUTER

THIS HAS FIXED IT FOR ME AFTER I HAD DOWNLOADED THIS UPDATE OVER 20 TIMES AND WAS STILL ASKED TO REINSTALL AND THEN GOT THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE YOU GOT.NOW IT IS ALL GOOD.
JENNIFER : )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users